Experts are still divided in this Pew release, but the prospects look bleak.
The positive side is rather contradictory and not-convincing. It goes like this:
- Advances in Technology have historically be a net creator of jobs.
- Ok, maybe it’s different this time, but we will invent new jobs.
- Ok, maybe there won’t be any new job that cannot be automated, but we will redefine our relation with work and won’t need jobs anymore.
On the negative side:
- Everybody will be impacted, blue-collard jobs as well as white-collar jobs.
- The disparition of their jobs won’t offer better opportunities to people, but push downwards.
- We have no idea how to control this evolution.
What are they describing there? A new digital displacement that will only benefit the rich and the powerful? Just have a look at the report, it’s a nice must-read.